State of the Game - January 2017

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
dayrinni
Site Admin

State of the Game - January 2017

Post by dayrinni » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Hello!

Here is the end of year State of the Game for A Tempest Season.

Our goal is to bring you and everyone else a very solid game. We are on our path to doing this. Thank you for being patient and dedicated as we do this as a fun hobby rather than a full time job (though, it'd be awesome if we could do that!).

2016 was a good year for us and we made great progress to opening: new classes (Blood Shaman and Ranger), new or improved game systems to fix issues (ie: saving/loading of areas, ranged weapons, automatic NPC rebalancing, gold rebalancing), and new/fixed areas.

We hit a major milestone though! Actinate and I invested a lot of time and energy in adding the new classes (Arcanist, Templar, Agent, Blood Shaman, and Ranger). These classes have added so much depth and fun to the game, they were certainly worth the time and energy spent developing them. The overall reception has been very possible as well from the players. Classes are generally the most time consuming feature in a game barring a game wide system (ie: trade skills).

Unfortunately, we did not reach completion on all of our goals and tasks for us to open. Actinate and I do not want to open the game in a state where it cannot succeed. We also do not want to have to take time out of RP in order to add the base content the game needs or fix glaring balancing issues. However, we have made such huge progress in 2016 that we feel that 2017 offers a really good chance for us to open the game.

As a show of gratitude and that we do see your dedication to the game, each player will be getting a special beta reward. Many of you have received these but if you have not already heard from me regarding your reward, please contact me via PM.

Having said that, we have a few tasks to go!
1. Revamped Tralisia
2. A few missing areas, such as the area between the Basin and Duskhaven
3. Minor fixes and cleanups – lore, help files, and other minor polishing
4. Website improvements
5. Final tweaking of various systems
(The ACS is not a requirement, it is just something I'm working on as Actinate finishes up his areas)

We are working very hard and our new target date is sometime around July! If not, towards the end of the year. We are very confident this will be the year we open!

Thank you for taking the time in reading this and your continued participation in testing this great game of ours!

Thanks,
Dayrinni
Actinate
Amareth
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."