New Released Class: Wizards

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
dayrinni
Site Admin

New Released Class: Wizards

Post by dayrinni » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello!

Later today, we are proud to release a new and special class: Wizards

Over the past 2 or so months, myself and other ATS staff members have been working this new class. A lot of time and energy went into the design and implementation of this class. Personally, I spent around 200 hours writing, coding, and keying in this class. I wanted to tell you how much time I spent because you may have seen the amount of updates to be much lower as usual! But, I was working on the Wizards in secret!

The Wizards are a fully fleshed out class, along with completing the 3 common magic users present in the lore (Mages, Arcanists and Wizards). They are a Medium level class, and offer a lot of new game play features and goodies to play with!

The role of Wizards is Damage and Dispeller.
They will be specialized at dispelling the affects on their enemies while buffing their own. We realize dispels can be annoying, so we created the Spell Fragmentation system which allows for a new type of energy to be generated: dispella. Once this energy reaches 100%, it will automatically discharge performing some act of dispelling as well as modifying the affects on the Wizard's group or his victims groups.
Additionally, they'll be able to use teleportation, craft void orbs, get drunk on power, mastery staves, kinetic energies and more!

There are two categories of dispella, which denote what occurs when dispella reaches 100%:
SHATTER FRAGMENTATION:
Best Use: For PvP or against mobs which have powerful self buffs.
To Use: Enter the Shatter stance. (cast shatterstance)

CONTROL FRAGMENTAITON:
Best Use: During mob fights, or very difficult battles which require certain buffs to be bolstered.
To Use: Enter the Control stance. (cast controlstance)

We will be posting a manual page that goes over this system in more detail but it is largely an automatic one and we want to get some feedback on it first.

You may view the manual page here:
http://tempestseason.com/manual/classes/wizard/

And you may post feedback here:
http://www.tempestseason.com/forums/vie ... =11&t=5610

I also want to give a shout out to Amareth, who contributed significantly to the design of this class. Thanks!

Thanks!
ATS Staff
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."