Design Your Own Race Contest!!!

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
Actinate
Got any cheese?

Design Your Own Race Contest!!!

Post by Actinate » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Earlier this week, Dayrinni and I were discussing about adding a new race to surprise you all with, but we had some difficulty deciding on what design to use, and whether or not we wanted to try something completely different. We tossed a few ideas back and forth, but ultimately kept coming back to the question "what do the players of ATS want?" That my friends, is what we are here to ask you!

All you have to do to qualify is to send us some information about a race that you, the player, would like to see in ATS.

Here are the rules:
1. All submissions must be submitted in email to [email protected] and [email protected].
2. Please include the following information: name, description, history, relationships with other races (if any), culture, class restrictions (if any), and natural skills/abilities.
3. Just a very brief reason for why it should be included. Two - three sentences is fine, not looking for a novel :)
4. Feel free to go nuts with ideas. Nothing is too weird. Nothing is too out there. Absolutely nothing is stupid. Have fun with it, please.
5. Please submit no more than 1 race ideas.
6. All submissions must be in by Jan 1st, 2017. On that day, we will be posting two of the best ones to the forums for a vote. We will not include who submitted the ideas until the vote is concluded, unless you wish to remain anonymous. Second place will have their race added to the ATS canon, and will appear as a NPC as well as receive an honorary write-up in the manual.

For obvious reasons, we won't be able to design or vote on all ideas, but I am 100% sure they will all be amazing. It is also possible that some skills or ideas may not be possible due to power issues, but we will do our best to work with the original concept, and we will talk to you about the changes, so you can participate in them.

I cannot wait to see the flow of creativity, and I look forward to reading them!
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!

Actinate
Got any cheese?

Re: January - February Contest!!!

Post by Actinate » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 pm

I meant to post this on the 15th. The contest is closed! We will be posting the races for voting within the next few days :)
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!

dayrinni
Site Admin

Re: Design Your Own Race Contest!!!

Post by dayrinni » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm

This contest has been reopened until we get closer to leaving beta.

Send in the submissions!
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:59 pm

This will be closed July 7th.

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:17 am

HI,

Someone sent me a racial entry for the contest today but I don't think they included their character name so I don't know who did it. If you could send a follow on email indicating one of your character names, that'd be great!

Thanks.

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello!

We will be announcing the winner sometime around we open and then design an event around it, for after we open.

You all did such a great job doing thoughtful entries. So we wanted to make sure we could repay your effort, to the winner, by making and fun and exciting RP event.

So stay tuned!

Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic