12/20/2012

Check here for the most recent updates and changes to the game!
dayrinni
Site Admin

12/20/2012

Post by dayrinni » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 pm

-Put in various area target types for abilities. This means that we can easily set abilities to target anyone in the room, area, in the group and so on and so forth.
-This is a funny one - in the old ATS game, we had many room spells. The code that existed did NOT check the defenses of the targets for the room spells. So this means that EVERY room spell had a 100% chance to hit their targets regardless of anything!! I have made sure this does not happen in the new game. I am quite surprised this was never detected or brought up by myself or the players.
-Put in new message technology for the abilities. This allows use to write custom messages easily and quickly - for a variety of different types of abilities (room, area, world, etc). In the old ATS game, most of the effort in creating new abilities was writing messages and coding them in manually. This system reduces that and makes it infinitely easier to handle. Which brings me to my next point - my ultimate goal is to have some sort of ability editor and/or generator so that the game can generate/create abilities quickly and thus, new content is made very fast. More on this in the future.
-Abilities now have the ability to display messages in the world, area, room, target and caster.
-Added the functionality for spells to add to a mage's charge and subtract from it.
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."