01/06/2016 - The Night Before NMD

Check here for the most recent updates and changes to the game!
Actinate
Got any cheese?

01/06/2016 - The Night Before NMD

Post by Actinate » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:38 pm

Hey all! As you know, the NMD is coming out tomorrow. I just want to make sure to touch base on a few important topics:

======================================================
NEW MERCHANT DISTRICT RELEASE
======================================================
o Shooting to have this thing live by 5PM EST on Thursday, 01/07/2016.

o Following stores will be present with release of NMD: Hunk o'Junk, First Tralisian Bank, Mudding Mixtures, House of Honestus Rising, Sacred Gems, Shards and Catalysts, Age Old Knowledge, Erius's Essences, Fragrances, and Herbs, Adventurer's Nook, Dobson's Oddities, Hob and Gob's House of Wooden Toys, Green Vest, Clockwork Boutique, Shakes's Place, Tempered Steel, The Hero's Journey, Silver Scale, Breaking n'Entering, and Platinum's Smithy.

o Dobson's Oddities will not have new or improved stock until the 1/15/2016, so hold onto your wooden coins a little longer.

o The library's grand opening is most likely sometime at the end of this month.

o The following items are not live with the NMD: the much anticipated bait bag, a few new Mage spells, a spell tome for Mages and Arcanists, an axe for cutting down trees to get wood (the old way still applies), a few other items here and there. These items will be gradually released along with some other ones later in the week and throughout the month. These items were acting up and causing some problems, so I want to make sure the bugs are worked out before we see them again.

o Quests are not in the NMD (not yet, anyways). I'll be adding new ones very frequently, and I will let you know as they go in :). Some NPC descriptions will also be updated on the regular.

o We are experimenting with a few items and how they appear in shops. You probably won't notice anything too much other than odd amounts being carried by store keepers, this is normal.

o Any typos or grammatical errors or bugs please report ASAP for rewards :) I am only human!!!

o All prices have been adjusted. Day and I really looked at all of them very carefully and weighed their effects and how their impact will affect the world as a whole. We tried to make them as fair as we can based on the damage they deal/protect and the bonuses they carry.

o Most weapons and armor set to platinum or higher has an extra bonus attached to it.

o This launch sees platinum and titanium tier items go live. Karnite is also available, but it is in limited supply.

o If you purchase an item in the NMD before 1/31/2016 that has a better version of that item come out AFTER the NMD release, I will be happy to trade you it for the old item and the cost difference :) This would apply to something like, if you bought an iron pick axe and then a week later a titanium pick axe came out (this is a real possibility folks). I don't want anyone to be punished for purchasing a lower tier item due to availability.

o There are secrets in the NMD! Secret items on the shop lists (you might have to check back to see if items have appeared). 2 secret merchants are also around. They will become more obvious as time progresses.

o Shakes's store is moved to the alley near the Clockwork Boutique.

o Please report any strange item combinations, grammatical errors, typos, or bugs. I'm only human!!! There is a character with the title of "Berserkr" in the NMD, this is intentional. :)

o Constructive feedback is always appreciated and considered!!! I cannot promise we'll guarantee to use the idea or suggestion you propose, but we will seriously consider and investigate it as an option :) :) :)

o One last bit of news, I will be talking to Dayrinni about shutting the game down around 5PM EST (just temporarily), so we can work on changing up some exits and stuff. We don't want you guys getting trapped in any areas while things are being updated... or do we? :lol:

Love you all! See you in game!
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!