With the release of Dragons, we will be starting enforced RP. This is because we will have a lot more serious folks joining us.
What does this mean?
Follow the Spirit of the Game.
1. No OOC in says or any other IC communication channels (ie: shouts, whispers. gsay is still IC at this time). If you want to be OOC, use tells, chat or newbie. *Using OOC means to meet up In-game for fun adventures is good! We want people to be able to get together and have fun playing!
2. You must have a description (when a player looks at you) by level 10. If you're past level 10, you need a description. Use the description command (@f to format it, and @q to save it).
3. Outside Staff Events: Relationships and RP. This is when you should be starting your real RP relationships. Some of you have already been doing this. For some of you, there could be no changes needed or this could be a good time to further define your RP.
4. During Staff Events: Relationships and RP: Because we generally have a lot of different people together during the staff ran events, it is expected everyone to behave in a reasonable fashion so we all have fun.
For example, this is bad: Zelroth going on a killing rampage in the center of town. Instead, Zelroth should still RP his hatred of Humans/Indagos by using RP commands - says, emotes and the like.
5. No CrossCharactering/OOC Mechanical Benefits/Powerleveling/Botting. This means things like using an alt character for a gain. Or shifting gear through 3 different characters so your lower leveled character gets a boost.
I realize the line of this is tricky and we're not trying to ruin anyone's fun, so simply ask yourself these questions:
Does it make sense for this to happen in the game?
Does this follow the Spirit of the Game?
If you have any questions or concerns let us know! We want the game to be fun and I'm not going to suddenly turn into a hard nosed person. I'm just providing some clarification so we can all begin to have some really great RP events and experiences with each other while protecting the spirit of the game.