11/06/2022

Check here for the most recent updates and changes to the game!
dayrinni
Site Admin

11/06/2022

Post by dayrinni » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Hello!

Here is an update on Lunar Sages. I designed the class to roughly 90% of it being completed. When I took a step back and examined what I created and how I felt about it, and during the creation, I was not satisfied.

I identified a few issues with the class. The first one was, there were too many “Cool Things” in the class. The second one was, there was no unified focus of theme in the class. The third one was, Waxing and Waning was not present. Many folks I spoke to regarding their thoughts on the moon or moons, always discussed Waxing and Waning. I knew this was not in the class and identified it as a potential disappointment part of the class.

I had these thoughts for months as I was designing it. But it was not until I reached the “Almost Done” with design. And it was then, the solution came upon me! It was: create two classes instead of one!

So that is what will happen: there will now be two classes! Lunar Sages and Cosmic Harbingers (disclaimer: this name may change).

Lunar Sages will still focus on the moons and will come out first. Lunar Sages will remain Cleric and Mage hybrid. There will be a waxing and waning system as well called the harmonic system where the two phases of the moons go up and down based on how you use your abilities.

Cosmic Harbingers will come out second. The Cosmic Harbinger will use the scythe weapon and have cosmic horror transformations.

Both may dabble in “space magic” here or there.

One may see this as extra work and while it is, the reality is 50-75% of these classes are already designed. I'm shuffling abilities and game play systems around, and filling in gaps as needed.

Thanks for your time and feel free to make and/or ask any questions in question-corner
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."