State of the Game - January 2014

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
dayrinni
Site Admin

State of the Game - January 2014

Post by dayrinni » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:27 am

Hello everyone,

We wanted to give you all an update on the State of the Game and the plans for 2014.

Looking back on 2013

2013 has been great for us. The game was opened for testing and a lot of players have had some great times and helped improved every aspect of the game. We cannot thank you enough. It is our hope that we have been able to provide a fun and exciting environment for you all to play in.

Looking forward to 2014

The next year is going to be big for us. We are aiming to officially open sometime in 2014. Though, we have a lot of work ahead of us. I am confident we can get it done though.

We have a few major projects that must be undertaken before we open:
Finish improving the Cleric and Mage classes.
Write areas up to level 100.
And the most exciting: add in 4 new classes.

New Classes
The new classes are something Actinate and I think will really add to the game. These classes will each be based on the 4 current classes. So there'll be one that's a Fighter type, another a Cleric, a Rogue type and finally a Mage type.

This is a large project and will take a few months to finish. However, the impact will be huge as it will greatly expand the diversity and fun factor of the game. We will be releasing more information about this at a future date. Stay tuned!

More in 2014
We have some additional systems planned for 2014. One is trade skills. We'd like to implement some systems for that. Another important aspect is allowing travel to different parts of the world. Eihydia is most definitely rich in history and lore; it'd benefit everyone to see other places of it.

I may also decide to tackle the typo thread. It's almost to 20 pages!

Role-Play
We know many of you play MUDs for the social interaction and RP. That's why we recently brought on a new RP staff member, Verdandi. She's getting up to speed on how to use the staff commands and world building tools. She will be starting quests very soon and running traveling merchants.

The three of us really want to improve on the RP for the game before we open. I feel the game has suffered a bit from that. We will work harder to bring more RP to the game in 2014.

When we do open, the majority of the staff's time will be put forth in running RP events to build upon our fantastic community. We will continually add more RP Admins as the player base grows. If you're interested in this, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Conclusion
Overall, the game is continually progressing along and making great progress. We thank the players for their hard work in testing and giving feedback. Having you all play and contribute means so much to the staff. We know that 2014 will be a great year for the game and we're happy to be able to share it with you!

-Actinate, Dayrinni and Verdandi
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."