The Merchant District Sneak Peek: The One about Momo

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
Actinate
Got any cheese?

The Merchant District Sneak Peek: The One about Momo

Post by Actinate » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 am

Hey everyone!

First off, I must apologize for the lapse in recent updates. My computer's battery pack decided it was time to kill itself, and it did so in an amazing display of foul-smelling fumes and low-voltage shocks. Anyways, everything is all patched up, and I'm back online! Whoooo!!!

So, last time we looked at the Clockwork Boutique. This time, I promised you something more general. That's right folks, we're off to The Adventurer's Nook, Tralisia's new General Store!!!

The thought process behind this was pretty easy. The inspiration for the new store was Wonderland (author of ATS Daily and all around great person); we hope one day she'll return to grace us with her presence! Ally, the store's owner, is loosely based on her character. She, like many of us, was very unimpressed with the old General Store and decided to bring some more interesting items with her. Let's look at a few items she's peddling!

a two strap black dragonhide backpack with an iron external frame

^^^ Sorry Momo, those dragon hunters are selling your family's hide for some cash moniez, but with craftsmanship like that, who could blame them?

We've made a few slight adjustments to the packs. First, we are increasing the carrying capacity on them, but lowering the amount of weight carried, but don't worry. This shouldn't effect you at all. When I say I lowered the amount of weight the bags can carry, I mean that I lowered it from 10,000lbs to something more reasonable.

a round green tin engraved with the words "Mint Leaves"

Damn Momo, you have dragon's breath! Eating these leaves will offer a temporary increase to your Charisma.

a blue leather-bound book called "Coin Collection"

^^^ Just so there's no confusion, we are changing the wooden coin challenge. If you are still completing the collect one of every coin, we will still honor that prize. Going forward, it will not be available for new players in its CURRENT format. It will be available in a different, easier format.

Also, there's a Momo coin, in case you were wondering how Momo ties in.

some familiar round blue bombs

^^^Momo, do they remind you of something from your childhood? Maybe you'll find a few secret areas that can only be accessed by blowing things up.

an iron skeleton key

^^^Huh, I wonder what this does. Momo, any thoughts? (Also, I'm aware these last two Momo related items were a bit of a stretch).

Also, just for the hell of it, let's look at this sweet statue somewhere in the district!

A statue depicting a fully matured yellow dragon breathing a forked lightning bolt, is here.

^^^Does anyone know who this statue may be honoring?

Another quick thing to mention is that all items are now in color. They will be much more interesting to wear and play with!

In our next update we'll talk a bit about our Mages and Arcanists and what is in store for them!
COFFEE TIME FOLKS! Gotta build the game!