State of the Game - Feb 2018 - Opening Date!

We'll be announcing things about the game and other games here! There will be no in-game announcements in this forum.
dayrinni
Site Admin

State of the Game - Feb 2018 - Opening Date!

Post by dayrinni » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Greetings Tralisians!

This post will talk about 2018 and how we see the game going forward.

There is much to talk about and a lot of it is good. So let's get right to it folks.

Current Status
Since November of 2017 we (staff and players) all have worked on the game – developing, testing, and tending to it.
Originally, we planned to open by December of 2013 or January of 2014, but due to the feedback we received initially, it was clear the game simply was not ready. Over the years, we rewrote and improved the game in so many meaningful ways: new attribute system, new classes, new vitals, new inventory system to name a few. We also introduced many new areas – a new merchant district, new hunting areas, and a soon to be new city. All of these are coalescing to a single point...

It's Time!
Actinate and I held a recent meeting and decided to open the game officially August 18th of this year!* This gives us roughly 5 months to get the game finished and ready to go.

You may be wondering what left is to be done? Well, I'll tell you!
1. Risk Extension System (next project).
2. End Game Gear System.
3. New City and some surrounding areas.
4. Level 72 Hunting Area.
5. Blood Shaman and Ethari starting areas.
6. Polishing: help files, combat messages, website updates(lore, graphics, content, etc), some area polishing (ie: mapping the areas).

As you can see the list is shorter than usual, but it will still take us some time to achieve.

I also want to state that for the most part, the way you see the game today is how it'll open in August. There will be no mythical magical patch that drastically changes everything. The game will not be perfect but it is reaching a point where it's very playable, players can have fun, and we can work with the current foundation to build upon the future. (*Note: if you personally feel the game needs much more work done, feel free to send me a PM stating your concerns).

Race Contest
We will be selecting 1 to 2 new races to include from the Race contest before August. So please get your submissions in soon! We will close the contest end of March!

Role Play – Let It Begin!
We have a final surprise for you all. We plan to start light RP before we open on August 1st, beginning after my coding work completes on the Risk Extension System and End Game Gear System. We shall all engage in some fun adventures and small scenarios to get things started! More information will become available as we near closer so stay tuned!
In the meantime, it is advisable for you to start thinking about your characters RP.

Conclusion

Thanks for reading and being apart of the community over the years. We hope 2018 will be the start of many wondrous years in ATS!

ATS Staff
Actinate
Dayrinni
Amareth

*As with everything, if unforeseen situations arise, we may need to change the date. You know what they say: “The best-laid plans of mice and men...”
* indicates a change requires an upload+copyover.

"You merely adopted the typos! I was born into them."

dayrinni
Site Admin

Re: State of the Game - Feb 2018 - Opening Date!

Post by dayrinni » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:17 am

Hello!

As mentioned during a recent Player-Staff meeting, we will be pushing the opening date back a few weeks. The reason is I'm going away to visit family and while I'll have internet access and working on the game, I won't be around as much.

We're making good progress and I'm planning on entering polishing phase (help files and website) in about 2 weeks.

Thanks!

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello!

We're making good progress to opening.

This is a quick post to let ya all know that I am running out of runway to do certain things. This means that my ability to implement ideas from the idea forums will go down to zero until after we open.

So if I don't reply to those posts or make comments on them - do not fear! I'll get back to them after we open. I just need to get some stuff done in order for us to open in August!

Thank you!

PS: Keep posting up bugs. I'm fixing those!

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Hello!

Due to scheduling and whatnot in RL, we have to decided to Opening August 18th.

Thanks!

dayrinni
Site Admin

Post by dayrinni » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Hello!

After much discussion, amongest the staff and players themselves (at the recent player meeting), we have decided to push the back's opening back to sometime in December.

Thank you for your understanding and continued dedication to the game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic